With tax season ramping up, the online tax preparers are out in full force! Last week, I reviewed the popular UFile, this week, it’s QuickTax Platinum, the download version (link). QuickTax offered to giveaway 5 copies of QuickTax Platinum download version to Million Dollar Journey readers (value: $69.99 each).
What’s the difference between the download and online versions? Basically, the download version sits on your PC and allows up to 8 returns per copy ($8.75 per return for Platinum). Upon completing the forms, the software will NETFILE your return.
Why would someone choose the Platinum version over the Standard version? The Platinum version offers everything Standard offers plus:
- Enhanced guidance & tax-saving tips for investments
- Tools to help you find deductions for your rental properties
- Sales-tracking & reporting tools for capital gains & losses
How to Enter the Giveaway:
- Sign up for the Million Dollar Journey Newsletter by clicking here (+1 entry)
- Tell me when you typically file your taxes via the comments by clicking here (+1 entry)
Lets go over some of the rules. All contestant entries will be shoved into an electronic hat and drawn at random. Since there are 5 prizes available, the odds of winning are relatively high.
- Only confirmed (new and existing) newsletter subscribers on the date of draw are eligible.
- Only 1 comment entry / person (please enter a valid email address).
- To be fair to all contestants, each winner can only win once.
- Only those who need to file a Canadian return can file with QuickTax Canada.
- Entries will end Sat 5pm EST Feb 27, 2010 and the winners announced shortly after!