It’s time again for the monthly net worth update – The Halloween 2007 edition.
October was an interesting month for us. We sold our house and moved into a rental while our new home is being constructed. As we currently are in limbo, our net worth statement will be a shaken up where the assets and liabilities will be shifted.
It'll also be fun giving out candy in a different neighborhood.
Assets: $375,600 (-16.06%)
- Cash: $4,500 (+0.00%)
- Savings: $106,400 (+166.00%)
- Registered Investment: $51,400 (+1.78%)
- Pension: $20,700 (+1.97%)
- Non-Registered Investment Account: $46,300 (+0.87%)
- Real Estate: $ 124,500 (investment property) (-52.93%)
- New Home Deposit: $5000 (+0.00%)
- Vehicles: $16,800 (2 vehicles) (-0.59%)
Liabilities: $104,100 (-42.90%)
- Mortgage Debt(investment property): $94,900 (-45.27%)
- Insurance: $1,200 (+33.33%)
- Other Liabilities: $8,000 (-0.00%)
Total Net Worth: ~$ 271,500 (+2.34%)
Started 2007 with Net Worth: $224,000
Year to Date Gain/Loss: +21.21%
Another steady month mostly due to savings from reduced housing costs. Portfolio growth is staying the course, but nothing spectacular. For those of you wondering what he heck I'm doing with such a large savings account, it's because we're planning using it as a down payment on our next home.
I guess you might have expected the "Halloween" net worth edition to be scarier, but no real surprises this month, sorry. Speaking of scary, any of you dressing up for Halloween? If so, what are you dressing up as?
If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for my free weekly money tips newsletter below (we will never spam you).