It’s time again for my monthly net worth update – The July 2007 edition.
This past month has also been tough on the expense side of things as we decided to purchase our appliances in advance. On top of that, we had to purchase plane tickets for our vacation coming up. On the bright side though, we got a super sale on our kitchen appliances. The extra expenses are below:
- New Kitchen Appliances: $2,150
- Vacation Expense: $1,000
- Expenses: $3,150
Not nearly as bad as last months $4,880 in unplanned expenses, but still made a dent in the cash flow. Anyways, enough complaining, here are the numbers for this month.
Assets: $441,625 (+1.05%)
- Cash: $4,500 (+0.00%)
- Savings: $32,100 (+3.82%)
- Registered Investment: $51,400 (+5.76%)
- Pension: $19,500 (+1.56%)
- Non-Registered Investment Account: $47,450 (0.64%)
- Real Estate: $ 264,500 (2 properties) (+0.00%)
- New Home Deposit: $5000 (+0%)
- Vehicles: $17,000 (2 vehicles) (-1.02%)
Liabilities: $182,322 (-0.02%)
- Mortgage Debt(from 2 properties): $174,022 (-0.19%)
- Insurance: $300 (+100%)
- Other Liabilities: $8,000 (-0.00%)
Total Net Worth: ~$ 259,128 (+1.74%)
Started 2007 with Net Worth: $224,000
Year to Date Gain/Loss: +15.68%
Still making very modest gains through the summer, and I'm satisfied with the year to date gains thus far. The only thing I'm not so satisfied with is my drive to make more money. I'm normally a go getter and ready to risk more to gain more. Lately, I've been more of the "go with the flow" type, which doesn't help in reaching my financial goals.
As soon as we get the new house settled away, I think it will be time again to get more aggressive with my money.