Top 5 Articles of Feb 2009
- RRSP Tip: Carry Forward Your RRSP Tax Deduction – This may be a little known fact for some investors, but you can optimize your RRSP contribution tax deduction by carrying it forward to a higher tax year. Check out the article for some examples of how this strategy would work.
- How to Take Advantage of the Market After the Crash of 2008 – This was a guest post by Ed Rempel explaining the patterns of returns after major market corrections. The picture is worth a thousand words!
- International Dividend ETF’s – As a fan of dividend investing, I realized that I had very little exposure to international dividends. As I don’t know a lot about international stocks, the best bet would be to use diversified ETF’s for the international dividend exposure. This article is a summary of my preliminary research.
- The Frugal Dog – The Cost of Dog Ownership – Are you considering dog ownership? This is a great post by Kathryn explaining some of the costs associated with caring for a dog. Make sure to check out the comments as there seems to be a lot of readers with pets!
- Holding a Mortgage within an RRSP – This was a post that came about from a reader question that I received. I decided to do some digging into holding a mortgage within an RRSP as it seems like it could be a good idea, however, I discovered that the fees can be fairly high. Check out the article for some highlights and pitfalls of this strategy.
Top Comment Contributors
Top Referring Sites
Many Thanks to our Banner Sponsors
- Red Flag Deals – Canada’s largest bargain community.
- Rev N You – Free real estate investor newsletter.
- Price Canada – Compares Prices before you buy.
- Easy Money – Gold made easy.
I've Completed My Million Dollar Journey. Let Me Guide You Through Yours!
Sign up below to get a copy of our free eBook: Can I Retire Yet?