It’s time again for my monthly net worth update – The June 2007 edition.
This past month has been brutal in terms of unplanned expenses. Let me list them down for you:
- Auto Insurance: $2450
- Auto Registration: $180
- Home Insurance $1250 (both houses)
- SUV Repair/Summer tires: $1000
- New Home Construction Deposit: $5,000 (not really an expense, but still needed to fork out the cash).
- Total Cash Paid Out: $9,880
- Expenses: $4,880
Mind you, since I pay out my auto/home insurance in lump sums every June, I should have counted that as a liability! Now my June 2007 net worth statement has to pay the price. Ah well, that’s what makes life exciting hey? Never know what you’re going to get.
Assets: $437,045 (+0.81%)
- Cash: $4,500 (+0.00%)
- Savings: $30,920 (-12.13%)
- Registered Investment: $48,600 (+2.32%)
- Pension: $19,200 (+11.63%)
- Non-Registered Investment Account: $47,150 (-0.63%)
- Real Estate: $ 264,500 (2 properties) (+0.00%)
- New Home Deposit: $5000 (+100%)
- Vehicles: $17,175 (2 vehicles) (-0.00%)
Liabilities: $182,350 (-0.18%)
- Mortgage Debt(from 2 properties): $174,350 (-0.19%)
- Other Liabilities: $8,000 (-0.00%)
Total Net Worth: ~$254,695 (+1.54%)
Started 2007 with Net Worth: $224,000
Year to Date Gain/Loss: +13.70%
I was expecting a negative net worth for June because of the major expenses that I incurred, but I lucked out! I’ll take the +1.54% gain! You might notice that I had a large pension gain in the assets column. We received the annual statement the other day for 2006, and as it turns out, I was under-stating my wifes pension assets.
Also, going forward, I will be including my car/home insurance as part of my “liabilities”.
That’s all for now, have a great weekend!
I've Completed My Million Dollar Journey. Let Me Guide You Through Yours!
Sign up below to get a copy of our free eBook: Can I Retire Yet?