It’s time again for my monthly net worth update – The August 2007 edition.
This summer isn't going as smoothly as planned. First I've had a ton of unexpected expenses followed by a market correction which started in late July. The market correction has affected my August 2007 net worth statement a little more than I would like, but I consider it as more of a small bump in the big picture.
On the positive side, we managed to keep the streak alive with another positive (break even) monthly net worth update. This was mostly due to a big jump in savings due to a bonus that we received at work.
Ramblings aside, here are the numbers:
Assets: $441,712 (+0.06%)
- Cash: $4,500 (+0.00%)
- Savings: $37,000 (+15.26%)
- Registered Investment: $48,400 (-5.84%)
- Pension: $19,900 (+2.05%)
- Non-Registered Investment Account: $45,412 (-4.3%)
- Real Estate: $ 264,500 (2 properties) (+0.00%)
- New Home Deposit: $5000 (+0%)
- Vehicles: $17,000 (2 vehicles) (-0.00%)
Liabilities: $182,300 (-0.01%)
- Mortgage Debt(from 2 properties): $173,700 (-0.19%)
- Insurance: $600 (+100%)
- Other Liabilities: $8,000 (-0.00%)
Total Net Worth: ~$ 259,412 (+0.11%)
Started 2007 with Net Worth: $224,000
Year to Date Gain/Loss: +15.81%
Barely squeaked out a positive net worth statement. Until next month..If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for my free weekly money tips newsletter below (we will never spam you).