It’s been a little while since I’ve done a links post, but here are some articles from the last little while that may interest you.
- Due to popular demand, the TSI Dividend Advisor newsletter promotion (exclusive to MDJ) has been extended until May 31, 2017. Check out how you can save big on this highly regarded dividend newsletter.
- Mark from My Own Advisor does a great job at explaining the basics of personal finance in his article “This boring money advice never goes out of style.”
- The big news this past week was how the share price of Home Capital Group ($HCG.TO) was decimated. It appears that this was due to a couple of factors. A little while back, a number of HCG mortgage brokers were caught performing fraudulent activity. Having this in the news caused some HCG high-interest savings account clients to withdraw their money, causing a liability problem for HCG. To help stop the bleeding, HCG obtained a very expensive line of credit. The deal was so expensive that it could end up wiping out a full year of earnings. This article does a good job of summing up the details.
- Michael James on Money gives us some advice to invest with the mindset between fear and euphoria in this article – the stock market only goes up.
- Boomer and Echo gives sound advice for new graduates in their article – financial success for new graduates.
- RateSupermarket is back again with free gift cards if you sign up with select credit cards. A $75 gift card if you sign up with the Scotia Momentum Card along with first-year annual fee waived (full review) or the Scotia AMEX travel card (plus a $300 sign up bonus and first-year fee waived). They are also offering a $50 gift card if you sign up for the free SCENE Visa. I’m a big fan of the SCENE points program, and you get $50 plus 2 free movies. View all of the promotions here.