Welcome to the Million Dollar Journey “freebies and deals” page. As there is a lot of “free stuff” and “deals” out there, it’s difficult and time-consuming to distinguish the good from the waste of time. Below summarizes some of the free tools and deals from companies/products that I have recommended before, separated by topic. I will be expanding the list as I find more products that are worthy of sharing with my readers.
Recently, I wrote about how the PC Financial World Elite MasterCard is perhaps the best no annual fee grocery credit card out there. It offers 3% cash back when shopping at Loblaws group of stores (Loblaws, Dominion in NL, Real Canadian Super Store, No Frills, PC Mobile, and Shoppers Drug Mart). You can redeem $20 at a time towards products in their group of stores. For Loblaws shoppers out there, this card is a winner, especially since it doesn’t have an annual fee.
So what’s the freebie? If you sign up through Rate Supermarket, for a limited time get 20,000 PC points sign-up bonus which is equivalent to $20 in free groceries PLUS a $100 gift card towards select retailers -Starbucks, Cineplex, Cara Restaurants (Swiss Chalet, Montanas, Milestones etc) or iTunes. Disclaimer – my spouse just signed up for this card and picked the Cineplex card.
Stock Trading Tools
- Questrade Discount Brokerage – Rated the #1 discount brokerage in Canada by Million Dollar Journey readers. Get $50 credit on new accounts using “MillionDollarJourney” as the affiliate code or by simply using this link to join (some conditions apply).
- Educational Stock Trading Videos – Free online educational video seminars on stock trading strategies and secrets taught by well known “super traders”. The only thing required is registration (free).
- Stock Trend Analysis – Free technical/trend analysis of stocks of your choice, all they require is a stock symbol and an email address to receive the analysis. This tool is good for both Canadian and U.S stocks with no abbreviations necessary. If you create a free trend analysis account, they will email you a daily trend analysis of each stock in your watch list.
- Tangerine $25 Bonus – This is not much of a trading tool, but a savings freebie. Open a free Tangerine account and get $25 added to your account when you deposit $100 with your initial cheque. After opening an account, you can refer your friends for an additional bonus. Open a free savings account and you’ll get an additional bonus.
- Online Shopping Cash Back Rebates – Get cash back for making online purchases you were going to make anyways with popular e-stores (like Chapters). New Great Canadian Rebate accounts automatically get $2 added to their accounts.
- Borrowell – Get free credit score and report from Equifax with monthly updates on why it’s going up or down, also get customized tips on how to improve your credit score every month.
Disclosure: Please note that links to merchants mentioned within this post might be using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission if you buy something through that affiliate link. That said, I never recommend anything I don’t personally use and find to be valuable.