- As the Canadian dollar is worth $1.05 per $1 USD, this is a perfect time to do that cross border shopping. This post on "US Duty Free allowances" indicates the amount you can bring back duty free. If you are over the amount, they will either charge you a 7% surcharge or 7% + the GST/PST. You can refer to this document for more details.
- Preet from WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo has written about another advanced investment strategy, The Option Straddle. Basically, it's where you buy equal amount of calls and puts on a stock where you expect a huge move in the short term.
- Thanks to Mike from Four Pillars for pointing out some inconsistencies in my RESP post. I have since updated the post "How RESP's Work".
- Canadian Capitalist lists all the new tax breaks that the Harper government has announced. I'm still waiting for my capital gains tax reduction (hint hint Mr. Flaherty).
- Congrats to The Financial Blogger for winning the top commenter contest for Oct 2007. He will receive a free copy of "The Engine of America".
If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for my free
weekly money tips newsletter below (we will never spam you).