I often talk about separating "needs" and "wants" when making purchases as I believe that frugality plays a big role in wealth building. However, everyone has their own perception of what their needs/wants are.
As a lot of guys will agree with me, some gadgets are borderline between needs and wants. That's what this post is all about. Gadgets that I consider a "need" but aren't technically.
Here is a list of gadgets that I think are well worth the price:
5. Nintendo Wii
- When I started playing the Wii, I was really surprised on how fun it was! Not only is it a great time passer, it's also great exercise. That boxing game can really raise the heart rate.
4. Digital Camera
- Do they even sell the old 35mm cameras anymore? Nothing beats a convenient digital camera to capture life's moments. With the new baby coming, I'm sure that it will get even more use.
3. Snow Blower
- This may not be an essential for some, but it's an essential for Newfoundlanders who don't like to shovel! With the amount of snow that we get, it takes a lot of time to shovel by hand, which makes spending $1k on a piece of machinery worth it.
2. Cell Phone
- I mentioned before that I don't use a lot of my minutes on the cell phone (see my prepaid wireless comparison post). Regardless of this, I would feel naked without my cell phone. It's almost like leaving the house without my wallet.
- As a part-time blogger that nearly spends full time hours working on MDJ, I didn't realize how convenient a laptop would be until I bought one. This was a fairly recent purchase as I picked one up during boxing week sales.
Back to you, what are your list of gadgets that you can't live without?
Photo credit: pjb2332