By now, everyone has heard about the popular book/movie "The Secret". But what is "The Secret"? The Secret is basically a gimmicky word for "The Law of Attraction".
Still confused? What if I told you that you can have anything you want by just thinking about it? That's what "The Secret" wants you to believe.
The movie/book includes a bunch of snippets from "experts" on the subject of the "law of attraction". I liked most of the guest speakers/writers, except later I find out that one of them is a suspected con artist (the parking space guy). After I read about that, the credibility of "The Secret" was reduced in my eyes.
Main points made by the book/movie:
- You can manifest anything you desire by thinking about it.
- Providing that you "feel good" while thinking about the object of desire, you can manifest it.
What I liked?
- I like the idea of positive thinking bringing about positive events as I try to live my own life this way.
- I enjoyed the technique of regularly showing gratitude for the things that you have in your life as it evokes positive emotions.
What I didn’t like?
- They commercialized a very simple concept that has been taught for years.
- The movie isn't clear on what "exactly" you have to do to manifest your desires. It seems a bit choppy where you have to watch it a couple times to piece it all together.
- I don't believe that your desires will materialize without action.
- When I first watched/read "The Secret", I had to watch it a second time to try to get what they were saying. I wouldn't recommend this book as a source for the "law of attraction" as it has a gimmicky feel and doesn't provide concrete steps on how to maximize the technique.
- A better way to learn about the law of attraction is with the older books, "The Science of Getting Rich" (free), "As a Man Thinketh" (free), or even "Think and Grow Rich" (not free).
Did you see the movie or read the book? What did you think?
I've Completed My Million Dollar Journey. Let Me Guide You Through Yours!
Sign up below to get a copy of our free eBook: Can I Retire Yet?