Time for another monthly tribute to the Million Dollar Journey top articles. Articles are ranked by the most commented for the month of October 2007 (not including contest posts).
1. Ed Rempel's Picks for the Best Smith Manoeuvre Mortgage I (40 comments)
- This certified financial planner who specializes in The Smith Manoeuvre reveals his favorite readvanceable mortgages.
2. Landlording and Screening Tenants (35 comments)
- One of my more controversial posts as I write about my tenant screening techniques as a landlord.
3. Saving Energy Around the House (30 comments)
- This article lists various ways that you can reduce your energy costs around the house. Methods include hot water heaters, insulation and lighting.
4. What is your Money Lending Rule? (29 comments)
- Money lending can be a very touchy subject, especially when it comes to friends and family. What is your money lending rule? You can read about mine inside the post.
5. Developing a Basement – The Insulation (25 comments)
- This article is a little out of the norm for MDJ where I talk about the costs involved with insulating the basement. The costs are broken down by materials needed. Note that in Newfoundland, the local utility company will give you a rebate on new insulation in attics and basements.
6. Preparing for a Move (21 comments)
- As I've recently sold my house and moved into a rental until my new home is completed, the article includes some efficiency tips when packing and moving.