Another month has blown by for Million Dollar Journey which included a few highlights. Before we get to the top articles for the past month, I'd like to thank the regular commenters and readers. Without you guys visiting and leaving your opinions, it would be very difficult to keep chugging away and writing content every day. Thanks!
To reward readers, we occasionally give out prizes for the top commentator of the month. For April, we offered a free copy of the book "Every Family's Business" to the one who commented the most. The winner is the controversial and talkative commenter JR! Congrats JR and thanks for contributing.
Top 5 Articles for the Month of April 2008
- This article was quite popular this month. Perhaps it was the pretty picture at the top. This piece featured a comparison between buying a new car every 10 years or purchasing a used one every 5. The article made some pretty big assumptions, but purchasing a car every 5 years won out. Check it out for the details.
- I really enjoy the "ask the reader" articles as it really draws a lot of conversation. I commented in the article that for weddings, I typically give the cost of the meal plus a monetary amount. Some of the readers thought I was crazy, others thought I gave too little. The comments are gold on this one.
- As I started the Smith Manoeuvre about a month ago, this was my first portfolio update. There seems to be a positive response from this post, so I may make it a monthly piece like the net worth updates. What do you think?
4. The Best Time to Start is Now
- This was one of my rare "philosophical/motivational" type posts. The jist of the article was to give you a kick in the butt to get your finances in order.. starting now.
- Another quality guest post by Preet Banerjee of Wheredoesallmymoneygo.com. Preet explains how to use covered call and put options to reduce risk and volatility in the stock market. Must read for those with larger portfolios.